Pages

Tuesday 23 November 2010

GOOD NEWS . . . .

Firstly, I have to share my good news : Tilly's op was a success and she was able to come home the same day - such a relief and the biggest heartfelt THANK YOU ever to all of you who sent your best wishes for her.  I took her back last week for her check up and apart from her seam coming undone one end everything was ok (I said to Tilly, the lovely vet that she was, she obviously needed to practice her sewing skills and if there was ever a next time I would do the invisible stitching for her!!!)

Thank you too for all your birthday wishes, I did have a lovely day but it was hard to relax and really enjoy knowing that Tilly had her op the next day but DH and gang had paid good attention to my birthday wish list and I was thrilled with all their gifts.


Two Historical Sampler Company Kits ~ 'A Wise Old Owl' and 'Cup Cakes'
Bothy Threads Gorjuss Kit ~ 'I Love You Little Rabbit'
Cross Stitch Charts, Gentle Art Threads, Lots of 28count Linen, Ribbons, Heart Buttons and Christmas Fat Quarters (no excuses now not to have anything to stitch!)Tilly bought me the gorgeous little cuddly bunny with lop ears as long as hers and the bouquet of flowers  travelled all the way back from London with DH the night before.

No comparison Tilly!  You're the best even if you do eat my sewing threads!!!

Only one Happy Dance this post and that came with problems throughout ~ the snow was stitched in Oatmeal GAST and although I knew I wouldn't have enough of the skein I had, I just thought I'd order a couple more and then I would have enough to complete this design as well as stitching another.
NO, silly me! hand-dyed threads all come different even if they are the same colour and unbelieveably all 3 skeins were different so lots of unpicking and re-stitching. 
A miss-count and a 'pine' GAST that did nothing but knot throughout made this quite a time-consuming stitch but I'm pleased with it and I love the christmas present embellishment plus a seed bead for the door knob.

Lizzie*Kate Snippet ~ 'Winter Sampler'
stitched with Gentle Art Sampler Threads on 28-count Flax Linen

Winter has really set in here now and the temperatures are set to plummet overnight with snow forecast in the far North and down the Eastern side of the country by the end of the week, brrrrrrrr!!!!
DH and I are off christmas shopping next week and plans are to complete it all in 1 day (no hope!!)

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts at the moment, the christmas and seasonal stitching is all gorgeous to look at ~ cross stitch and christmas are just the perfect combination don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by xxx
HAPPY STITCHING . . . .

14 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

I am SO pleased Tilly is well after her op. Lovely picture of her and her gift to you. Love the look of your birthday presents. Look forward to seeing you stitch them. Love your winter snippet. The backing fabric and bow is gorgeous. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Have fun Christmas shopping - I am going tomorrow.

blue star stitcher said...

I'm glad Tilly is ok. Both my dogs after being spayed managed to lick their stitches loose and had to wear a cone of shame around their heads! But if that's the worst that happens that is still pretty good. Lovely finish on the Lizzie Kate.

Cath said...

So glad that Tilly is ok after her adjustment .
Lovely stash and great finish too. X

Kathy said...

I am so very glad that Tilly is over her surgery and home. Give her a pet on those beautiful ears for me. :) It sounds like your Birthday brought such lovely stash and gifts. I love your LK finish. Just lovely.

Myra said...

I am so happy to hear that Tilly did well with her surgery. Lovely birthday gifts and I love your "Winter" finish.

Annette said...

I'm so glad Tilly is doing fine and good...
Hope you had a bit of a fun B-day
You got a lovely stash!!!
can't wait to see what you are going to stitch next!!!
Lovely finish you made..
I wish you much fun shopping with DH, came back with a lot of lovely things!!!!

BrendaS said...

Happy belated Birthday! You got some nice stash.

Love your Lizzie Kate finish. Too cute;)

Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I know how hard it is to send them to the vet for ANYTHING involving anesthesia, but I believe you did the right thing. The rate of uterine cancer is frighteningly high in intact female bunnies, and it's really not worth the risk. I hope your little girl is feeling all better now and has all but forgotten about her little adventure!

Conny said...

Love your bunny and your finish. Your Winter Sampler is really beautiful.

Sally said...

So glad that Tilly's op went well and hope she is feeling much better. Everytime I see a photo of her I just melt!

Winter Sampler is beautiful. Lovely gifts too:)

♥ Nia said...

Glad to know that Tilly is well :)
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Carin said...

What a beautiful gifts you recieved and I love that photo of tilly with the little bunny !!!

Pumpkin said...

WOW! It looks like you had a fabulous birthday despite all the worrying! I absolutely LOVE 'I Love You Little Rabbit' kit and have been eying her work.

The picture of Tilly and her new mate is hilarious!!!! I knew she would be fine and she looks terrific :o)

Beautiful finish Jane!

Anonymous said...

Jane...so glad your Tilly is better!
I also like your cross-stitch!