Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

MY VERY OWN OSCAR . . . .


I'm so thrilled to introduce to all my lovely blogging friends . . . .


OSCAR

I've wanted for so long to find my golden girl Tilly a friend to share her life with and have for some time now being keeping an eye on the local rescue centres for some'bunny' suitable.
Last Friday whilst having a lunchtime cappuccino and having my weekly check on the rescue sites up came this little fellow . . . . .


The description was brief on the website but he was a newly rescued bunny estimated at 6 months old and recently neutered and his ideal buddy would be a spayed doe ~ I know the perfect bunny!


After long talks with the rescue centre that afternoon DH and I went and saw him on Saturday morning, although the gang had seen the picture of him online I didn't want to raise their hopes so we didn't let them know.  He was gorgeous, same breed as Tilly ~ a mini lop and although rescue details are kept confidential we were told he had been removed by the Animal Welfare Inspector  from the worse scenario possible 4 weeks previous and had had the worse start to life possible for a little bunny.

Well, need I say more, heartstrings pulled in every direction, could you say no?

We went back in the afternoon, all 5 of us and home he came.

It's not the easiest thing to do ~ bonding 2 unrelated bunnies, but boy and girl combination are considered best and slow steps over the course of the next 4 weeks of gradually introducing them to each other will hopefully prove successful.  Oscar is very cautious of us and doesn't like sudden movements but in time I hope we can restore his trust in humans and give him a life of warmth and love.




Tilly, I hope we've done the right thing for you, you're the most affectionate and gentle animal I've ever known and have helped me through my loss of Buttons so well but I just can't learn your bunny talk, you'll have such fun and great bunny chat with Oscar and if my ears start burning I'll know you're talking about me!!! and don't forget to tell him Mum's cross~threads are a definite NO NO!!!



I know I keep promising my stash pics and I was almost ready to post them but this little interruption has slightly taken over so once again I'll say . . . next time!

Thanks for stopping by
HAPPY STITCHING
xxx

26 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

He's going to have the most fantastic life, with a mate for life and a loving family. Living bunny heaven.

Annette said...

Good luck with Oscar and Tilly

Pumpkin said...

He's ADORABLE! And what a catch for Tilly ;o) I hope they will bond because they make a wonderful couple. I'm SO jealous!

Teresa said...

How lucky of Oscar to find your loving home. I believe they will make a delightful couple.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Lesleyanne said...

Ooh he so gorgeous. I do hope Oscar and Tilly get on they are going to make a lovely couple.

Carol said...

Oscar is such a handsome bunny, Jane! I hope he adjusts well to your loving home and I do hope he and Tilly become the best of friends :)

Deb said...

He is adorable. I just love his markings.

Cath said...

He is beautiful , I'm sure Tilly will grow to love him just as much as you. He will have such a happy hoppy life with your family.XXX

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Yippeee!! Yippeee!!! I'm sooooooooooo excited for ya'll and Tilly bunny! He is absolutely precious!!! Oh happy day that he has found the perfect family and will have a wonderful life now!! Makes my heart so full up with joy!
Congratulations!
xx, shell, sugie and harrington

Denise said...

Good for you! Another rescue! They will become great friends. btw - he's too cute.

Mouse said...

aww he is one gorgeous bunnykins :0 hope he n Tilly get on and keep us up to date with everything :) love mouse xxx

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I think I have just fallen in love.........he has to be the cutest boy bunny ever. How do you stop them nibbling cables etc. I would so love a house bunny.

Crystal said...

oh he is so cute, congrats on adding to your family.

Barb said...

Oh Tilly how lucky are you.what a handsome playmate for you. Oscar is such a sweetie and I hope we will have updates very often.
Hugs to you all

Lisa V said...

He's a very pretty bunny, I love his colouring.
LISA V

Myra said...

Oscar is quite the handsome fellow. I know Tilly will be thrilled to have a friend once she gets over the newness of it all. Good for you for rescueing him.

Rowyn said...

Congrats on your gorgeous new arrival. I hope they become good friends.

I've always been hesitant to get my Tiggy a friend in case they didn't get on. Tiggy also likes things her way, for example if I move things about in her outdoor cage (hay, her tunnel etc) she'll move them around so she's happy with them! So not sure how well a 'friend' would go down with her. Although I believe they are very sociable creatures.

I hope all goes well.

Stitching Noni said...

Oscar is gorgeous... great name too... suits him!

I hope that he settles in well and he and Tilly become great mates ;-)

Hope to see more of them both soon!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Justflo said...

He looks very handsome. I'm sure he'll settle in well especially with Tilly.

Looking forward to some more 'red carpet' pics.

Sally said...

Awwww Oscar is such a sweetie! I hope he settles in well and that he and Tilly get on well together:)

Lisa said...

Oh Jane, he is absolutely gorgeous and he and Tilly are going to make an incredibly beautiful couple!!! Stay strong with the bonding process, stay confident, I know what an emotional roller coaster it can be!

Anonymous said...

Oscar is gorgeous and I am sure him and Tilly will get on spendidily. He is so lucky you found him :)

CalamityJr said...

Bless you for giving Oscar a loving home after his horrible start. I'm sure he'll calm, with the care and love you're going to give.

Dani - tkdchick said...

He is very cute and takes a big heart and a lot of patience to take in a recsue animal. I hope they bond (working on an 8yr old cat and a 7 week old kitten myself!)

Lynn said...

Oscar looks like he will be the perfect friend for Tilly. I'm sure over time they will bond. I just can't believe that anyone could mistreat an animal like that. Especially one as cute as Oscar!

Lois said...

How did I miss this post?!?!?! Welcome to Oscar. How could anyone mistreat this sweetheart. May he and Tilly enjoy many happy years together.