Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2011

SNOWMEN AND 80 DEGREES!

Yep, a strange combination!

So, here's a question for you ~ How often do you get 9 solid hours of 'ME' time when the only thing you can really do is CROSS STITCH?

Answer ~ whilst flying over The Atlantic of course!

We left England last Friday for our Christmas vacation here again in Florida (11th time and now definitely our 2nd home!) and over the past few years although I've always packed my needle supplies in the suitcases for the tight security reasons, this year I took a deep breath and thought 'Well, I'll try, if they remove the needle, so be it!' and Hey Presto ~ my innocent face got my trusty needle through security and a leisurely 9 hours stitching produced my last Happy Dance of 2011 . . .

Charmed Flakes 'Deck the Hall' by Hinzeit
stitched on 28-ct Jobelan Bay Leaf with suggested DMC threads

I was struggling with this one a couple of months back, I didn't like the heaviness of the required backstitching or solid line underneath the snowmen so decided to omit both, change the wording at the bottom to the lighter shade used for the snowmen's 'twig' arms and I'm really happy with the finished design! :)  I have the silver snowflake charms to add when I get back home and decide on a finish ~ for now I've put these 3 little fellows in the fridge so they don't melt before I get back home!!!

Temperatures here in Orlando have been a very nice high 70 degrees and are, from today, rising to the low 80's and are a welcome relief from the dull, gloomy days back in England.  Christmas is very pretty out here and the villas are decorated beautifully, the life out here is very laid-back, very clean and very friendly.



 


Yesterday we drove out to my favourite needlework shop ~  Needleorts ~ and on DH's orders, I took my Christmas stocking and with very little difficulty managed to FILL IT!  Ooooooh, a child in a candy store would have been hard put to have a bigger smile on their face at the end of it!

In case you're wondering ~ my 2 best friends are happy and warm staying with the lovely lady who's the nurse at our Vets ~ our house-minders are not really bunny people and I know they'll be spoilt-rotten where they are ~ miss them sooooooo much :(

I haven't had much time to blog read but will catch up as soon as I can and if I don't post again before the 25th . . .
HAPPY CHRISTMAS
May it be peaceful, joyful, warm and full of love
xxx

23 comments:

Kate said...

I just LOVE your finish - those snowmen are fabulous.
How lovely to spend Christmas in a warmer place - have a brilliant time.
Merry Christmas to you.

natalysneedle said...

Love your snowman finish! I hope you enjoy your stay in Florida and wish you a Merry Christmas.

Maggee said...

The snowmen are so cute! Great finish! I look forward to seeing it with the charms when you get back home! I don't think the eastern part of Virginia will see snow this Christmas. Depending on who you speak to, that could be a good thing! But we won't be WARM like you! Yumm...Merry Christmas!

Catherine said...

Such a cute finish! Enjoy your holiday time and have a Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

Sounds like you're really enjoying FL at this time of year, Jane! Your snowmen are adorable--I really like the changes you've made.

Wishing you a joyful Christmas!!

Denise said...

Merry Christmas and welcome back to the States.

Love you snowmen - you made wonderful choices.

Sally said...

Love your finish Jane!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

dixiesamplar said...

Great snowman finish, Jane! Glad to hear you are enjoying you time in FL...my home state.

Nancy said...

I love your snowmen stitch! They look so happy bouncing the snowflakes on their noses! Beautiful photos you shared.

Sarah said...

Lovely finish! Enjoy your time in Florida and Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

what a beautifull patern

i follow you blog

greetings from belguim

Mouse said...

ohhhhh wow ... hope you have a fab time ... don't for get the post card ;) have a Happy Christmas and a merry stitching new year :) love mouse xxxx

Lisa V said...

Love your snowmen. I put this one down as one of the Christmas designs I wanted to stitch, now seeing yours all finished up it will have to be a definite one.
Happy Christmas.

Myra said...

Fabulous finish! Enjoy your stay in Florida and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish Jane. Love the changes you have made. Hope you have a lovely Christmas in Florida.

Elisa said...

Fab finishes and great pictures, enjoy the holiday season xx

Colleen said...

Welcome back to Florida, Jane. A Merry Christmas to you and the family....How long will you be in Orlando area? I would love to drive up and see you. Email me and let me know; I have a special bunny chart for you.

Lois said...

Your snowman finish is lovely Jane! Have a lovely time in Florida, enjoy the sun and especially all that stitching stash you'll have for Christmas!

♥ Nia said...

Jingle the bells and play the music loud, for Santa Claus is coming to town! :D
*゚¨゚゚・ ♫*:..。♡*゚¨゚゚・ Merry Christmas! ♫*:..。♡*゚¨゚゚・ ♫*:..。

Lynn said...

Love those adorable snowmen!
It sounds like you're having a very enjoyable vacation. The weather looks lovely! Lucky girl too, getting to fill that stocking with stash. Santa is treating you well!
Thank you for your sweet greeting and I hope that you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Merry Chrsitmas for you and the bunnys, beautiful pictures


marylin From France

blue star stitcher said...

Hope you have lots of Florida sunshine for your Christmas day!

Pumpkin said...

Hurrah! Congrats on the finish Jane! Your changes turned out perfect :o)

Glad you are enjoying your time in the warmer weather. We didn't really have a white Christmas either as it's been quite mild here.