Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

SUNSHINE & CUSHIONS . . .

YUK!  Whoever sent the rain clouds to England, I need your address so I can return to Sender!

Our lovely sunny days have gone walkabouts at the moment and as we are fast approaching September I'm wondering if they'll come back again this year, needless to say the days are gloomy and very very wet.

Thankfully I can go back in time on my blog to when the sun was shining and show you what I promised to in my last post and that is what to make with Tilda bunny scraps . . .


A patchwork cushion of course!

I used the good old English Paper Piercing for this project, can't remember the last time I did this method, funny how modern sewing machines have taken away all the old traditional methods but back in June (those were the hot days!) it was a pleasure sitting outside under the parasol, cutting out hexagons and using up scraps of fabric.


The finished cushion is only a small 12" x 12" but it still needed 42 hexagons to achieve the front, the back I just added a soft cream fabric and did the simple envelope finish.


And as the sun kept on shining it only seemed right that I make a second
one . . .


I chose one fat quarter of fabric for this one and cut as many hexagons out of it as I could that would have a motif on them, the rest are made up from fabric scraps again.



I'm really pleased with the outcome and what a great way to sew and soak up the sun at the same time!

It's been a frustrating couple of weeks for me recently and my personal vendetta with Mr. Sunshine is the reason for a lot of it.
Why? Well hopefully by my next post I care share the reason with you but until then . . .


WATCH THIS SPACE!

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are
Thank you for stopping by
HAPPY STITCHING
Jane
x

10 comments:

Scout and Sage said...

I'll happily take your rain from you :) I love rain, everything from drizzle to out and out sheet rain.. but alas, rain has been quite lacking in the south-wet corner of Canada lately.

Your art, is as usual, gorgeous :)

Cath said...

Beautiful cushions Jane . Hope you are keeping well. Take care xxx

Vickie said...

Fantastic work Jane. :)
It has been rainy here, til today. Now it is sunny! :)

Carol said...

Lovely pillows, Jane! Hope the sun shines soon :)

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your cushions, your patchwork is stunning. On the news last night they said we had a month's rain in two days, so we are wet here as well in Hampshire.

Melody said...

Lovely pillows! I love the one with the motifs. Such cute fabric!!

Anne said...

Love both your pillows Jane! I still have to try out the paper piercing method...seems like it's fun to do! I hope the rain subsides and some sunshine is sent to you! Hugs!

Annette said...

Ow my. Im very curious What your mening with mister Sunshine. Its a small spot of sun on that lange place of garden.
I Will wait and see.

Your New cushions are awesome. I Thought the first with the many colors already was awesome But the second one is even more beautifull. I Love how you use the fabric on that one. And then the heart button. It makes it complete.
Here in the South of nl we had a grey day while the whole country was at the sun :(((
Hope the sun Will return. I have seen so many Rain my garden Is almist a pool. Hihi.
Have a great weekend!!

Kate said...

Loving the cushions. We have sunshine & showers currently however I believe that some decent weather is due to return to the UK.

Sally said...

It looks like the nice weather is set to return for a little while at least.

Love both your cushions. They are so pretty.