Pages

Monday 6 April 2015

A BUSY BUNNY . . .

Just popping in quick to wish everyone a slightly belated Happy Easter ~ hope your Easter Sunday was a good one with lots of family festivities and a visit from the Easter bunny.
We had the grandparents over for the day yesterday and although an empty seat does bring some sadness it was still a nice day with lots of memories shared and everyone enjoying their meal and the company :)

I've been a busy bunny and have managed to stitch up the second part of the '12 Days of Christmas SAL' . . .

Loving this SAL and I'm pleased with this 2nd part ~ I love the white goose standing alongside Mother Night as she sprinkles snow around her

The Primitive Hare's description of this day reads:

27 December: 2nd Day of Berctha ~ The second day of Christmas is the MOTHER NIGHT.
A few words by John Matthew's book 'The Winter Solstice':
... another older figure known throughout Germany is Frau Holle but a better name for her is MOTHER OF CHRISTMAS.  Deriving from the ancient figure of the Mother Goddess, the feminine principle of deity, she was regarded as a bringer of fertility and justice ... she rode through the land during the 12 days dispensing gifts from a sleigh pulled by dogs.  The most famous story about Mother Holle is the folk tale collected by the Brothers Grimm.  Holle is also the ancient Goddess that brings snow in Winter.

Easter always means bunnies to me and deep down in 'that' pile, you know the one that you hear scream 'finish me' everytime you open the draw was a finish from March 2013 ~ Rosie the Rabbit . . .


Time for some Tilda fabric and some pink buttons to match her name and here she is . . .

Cute!

I finished the next one only yesterday before the family arrived.  It was a find on the internet and only showed the graph in black and white, I couldn't find it stitched anywhere to give a clue to colours so this is my offering . . .

a simple white border

with a brown hare leaping over spring grass

The corners on the graph were little squares but I changed them to hearts to match the fabric colour, again another Tilda one then added some pom pom trim for a decorative finish!

I'm pleased with these 2 finishes ~ nice pastel colours which will brighten up those gloomy days that sometimes just won't go away :(

and finally ~
a decision ~ tea towel or hare, tea towel or hare, tea towel or hare . . .

Tea Towel
NO NO NO

the Hare wins

double sided too so a choice of colour!

This is called Hester Hare and was a find in a local craft shop, the designer has several animals to choose from but the hare won the day, easy to sew but a real pain in the butt to stuff ~ those ears!

Finally ~ Thank you for your offering of names for my knitted bunny in my last post ~ all great names but how could I not choose Barb's choice 'Bobbins' ~ perfect, thanks Barb and thanks too for the lovely homemade Easter card you sent, cute bunnies!

Thanks for stopping by
{{{Hugs}}}
Jane
x

9 comments:

Carol said...

I just love your newest bunny finishes, Jane! And your tea towel bunny turned our so cute...

Happy April to you--hope your weather is warming up :)

Vickie said...

Adorably sweet today Jane. The stuffing was very, very worth it on the tea towel hare.

Maggee said...

What beautiful finishes you did! Really nicely done! And glad for the hare instead of the tea towel... the added dimension speaks volumes! Hugs!

Barb said...

Oh Jane what wonderful finishes , so perfectly finished . I am so pleased to hear Bobbins has a name and glad I was able to help.Hope things are improving for you.
Love to the furries
Hugs for you.

Sally said...

The 12 Days of Christmas SAL looks lovely Jane.

Lots of cute bunnies!

Annette said...

Ow My so many cute cute bunny's.
I love Rosie.. she is co sute, and the Tilda fabric is so beautifull
All your other projects are so awesome to.
Your craft skills are really awesome!
I hope your doing better your self.
take care

xxxx

Irene said...

sei bravissima, รจ tutto meraviglioso

theodora said...

Hi Jane,
I have 2 messages from you on my blog www.theodoracleave.blogspot.com in regards to questions on ordering & not responding to your email to me.
Can you make contact via the website wwww.theodoracleave.com
in the contact area. Things are coming through & I do respond quickly. So some little hiccup must be going on.
Kind Regards
Barb

Anonymous said...

Wow Jane your work is amazing,love it all.x