Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

A NEW START . . .

It's been a long 6 months since my last post and I do apologize for my AWOL ~ life has been very cruel and horrible in that time and until now I have not had any blogging enthusiasm whatsoever!

I have started and restarted this post so many times and don't really know how to put into words how life has been turned upside down so to be short and sweet ~
 I lost my precious mother-in-law to cancer in early March despite having been given the all clear after a double mastectomy 2 years previous ~ it all happened very quickly but we all feel her loss every day and it's very hard to accept and at the moment talk about x
I was already ill during this stressful time but ended up with a life-threatening illness 2 days after our loss for which I was hospitalised for 5 days and after being allowed home was taken back to hospital with a heart condition, I have struggled with these experiences and have had many dark days which I didn't feel was right to reveal on my blog.

That's all I'm going to share at the moment, I have titled this post 'A New Start' and that's what I intend to do ~ as my cricket loving DH would say I shall be 'half a century and not out' later in the year so I am concentrating on getting healthy again and looking forward!

I lost a good part of my eyesight whilst ill, which I was told would return, and as I've got better, it has but I found cross stitch very hard to do during that time so my fabric stash and sewing machine have been very hard at work instead!

I've so much to show over the next few posts but this is was my 
first finish . . .


'Ollie Owl' 


The pattern has been sitting in the cupboard for ages, I had looked at it several times but wasn't sure if I could do it but although a little fiddly in places it came together quite well and I'm pleased with the outcome.
The fabric choices were my own and I attached his wings with buttons so they could swivel round rather than stitch them on and added the little heart on his tummy x


It's not all bad news though in my life . . .

Remember our new addition to the family back in January?
Well, I'm pleased to say Monty has made a good recovery from his ordeals and now at 8 months old is the most loveable and affectionate bundle of fur ever!


He's my shadow and we do virtually everything together!
xxxx

Talking of which, it's time for 'walkies' ~ exercise for me and lots of sniffs and saying hello to literally everyone we pass for Monty!

Thank you for stopping by and continuing to follow me, I really do appreciate it and hopefully normal service has once again resumed!

Take Care
Happy Stitching
Jane
x

26 comments:

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

Oh Jane I am so sorry to hear about your dear mum in law and your illness. Sending massive hugs to you. Hope you are well on the mend now.

I LOVE your owl! So sweet.

Lovely to hear that Monty has made a good recovery. He is so cute!

Poppypatchwork said...

Glad to see you back over your owl

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and your hard times, plese do take care of yourself and your health. Hope all gets better soon :)

Tricia T said...

So, so sorry to hear about your mother in law. {Hugs} I'm glad you are "starting again" and doing what you can after your illness. Keep it up! Your owl looks so sweet and Monty looks like a good cheer-er upper!!

Tricia

Tricia T said...

So, so sorry to hear about your mother in law. {Hugs} I'm glad you are "starting again" and doing what you can after your illness. Keep it up! Your owl looks so sweet and Monty looks like a good cheer-er upper!!

Tricia

Hazel said...

So sorry to hear things have been bad of late. Like you say, a new start is in order. Love your owl and great pics of Monty. Xx

Gabi said...

Sorry to hear about the bad things.
Your owl is wonderful.
Good luck for the future.
Greetingsd from Germany

Cath said...

Jane , I've been thinking of you a lot recently but with the kids being off school, not had much time.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss and you bad health. I am sending lots of hugs and wishes for speedy recovery and some comfort to fill the gap in your lives.
your owl is gorgeous , and so is your furry friend .
Take care , thinking of you .xxxx

ross: creative designer said...

buon nuovo inizio cara, un abbraccio

Vickie said...

Oh Jane! I am so very sorry. I have wondered about you sometimes. I am so glad you are coming back. Monty is so very precious. My how he has grown into a handsome, lovable bundle of sweetness.♥

Christina said...

I'm very sorry that life has been so unkind recently. I hope things are on the up for you. :0)

Mouse said...

lovely to hear from you but so sorry to hear about your loss and your illness too ...
here's to your new start :)
love that wol and awwwww Monty is looking very dapper and with such a huge smile on his face :) love mouse xxxxx

Olivia said...

Just look how Monty has grown! What a cutie! Love that sweet face!

Maggee said...

Jane--I have thought about you so many times, but know from my own blogging experience, that if you aren't posting, there is a reason. I will add you to my prayers for much healing and return to good health! So very sorry to hear about your MIL. I am a BC survivor, and stories like that give me the shivers. You did a great job on the owl... I am not that talented with the sewing machine. Used to be, fell out of practice. I should get a fun pattern and see if I can follow it--I am inspired now! Thanks! Monty looks like a fun, happy pup!
Sending big (cyber)hugs to you!

P.J. said...

Have been thinking of how Monty was doing; so glad to hear that he is well and know he is loved. My deepest east sympathies for your husband and you; may your memories bring you peace. Ollie is adorable! Sending well wishes your way. :)

Marilyn said...

Sorry to hear about your MIL, but hope you are feeling better.
Ollie Owl turned out so cute.
Monty is too cute also, thanks for rescuing him.
He looks like he found his furever home.
Marilyn

Carol said...

Oh, Jane, what a year you've had... I'm so sorry to hear about your dear MIL. And to be dealing with your own health troubles on top of that must have felt like almost too much at times. I pray your eyesight fully recovers--what a scary ordeal.

I'm happy to see you blogging again and your little owl is adorable--I hope he is just the start of many creations springing from your talented hands.

Take care now and I do hope the rest of 2014 brings much better health your way :)

cucki said...

hello my dear, so sorry to hear about all this..but i am hope you are feeling better now..you are in my prayers my dear..
the owl is so cute..
sending you big hugs x

Teresa said...

Prayers go out to you. Take care of yourself.
Love the cute little owl!

Melody said...

I'm sorry to read about your difficult time. I hope you are feeling better, take care!

Kate said...

Jane, what dreadful ordeals you have endured - hugs to you & yours and I pray that continue to see improvements with your recovery.
Loving the owl - so cute

Angela said...

First....it's so nice to see a post and I am hoping that you will continue to feel better and recover fully.

Next....Ollie is adorable :) I didn't think I was an "Owl Person" until now.

Last....Monty looks like a big cuddly ball of love!

Take care.

Annette said...

What a terrible news your bring. Im sorry to hear about you MIL. Its a terrible disease. I wish you many strenght.
I hope you get better soon too it Sounds horrible. Washing you many strenght

What a cute Owl. You Done a awesome job. Happy your eyes are better so you can make those beautifull things!!

Your doggershoek looks so cute!!!

Annette said...

Your doggie looks so cute.
I hate autocorrectie

Lesleyanne said...

So sorry for your loss Jane. I hope you are on the mend now. Sending hugs. Your owl is gorgeous as is Monty.